Medical Marijuana for Nausea – Chronic and Debilitating
Medical Marijuana has been found to be useful in treating conditions that cause nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Conditions include various kinds of intestinal and kidney disease, opiate addition, drugs associated with cancer treatments and anorexia nervosa. Cannabinoids help stimulate appetite and alleviate pain associated with the symptoms of nausea.
In addition to treating chronic nausea, medical marijuana is also used as an anti-convulsant and anti-spasmodic. Spasticity and convulsions are two of the oldest established medicinal uses of marijuana throughout history. Used to treat epilepsy as far back as medieval Arabia and in sixteenth-century Southeast Asia. Since then, cannabis has been useful for a plethora of spasm-inducing disorders including multiple sclerosis and spinal injuries. Many patients also feel they are better able to achieve control of their symptoms through the use of medical marijuana .
* as always please be sure to consult with a health professional to assess the risks and rewards of adding medicinal cannabis to your treatment program.
- Cannabis for Elders
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids for Nausea</li>
- Older Adults Increasingly Use Medical Marijuana for Nausea, Pain
- Why the Elderly Should Get Marijuana
- Health Benefits Of Medical Marijuana: 3 Major Ways Cannabis Helps Sick People Live Normal Lives